• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Possible golden oriole in glasgow (dawsholme country park) (1 Viewer)

snapperx5

On friday my girlfriend was birdwatching in her local country park (Dawsholme Country Park) and saw a bright yellow thrush size bird with black wings high in the tree. She double checked with her binocular and it looked like a golden oriole.

I was just wondering if there has been any reports of one passing through strathclyde area before?

According to the description what else could it be but an oriole? But now the oiroles in my place or generally in Europe are mirgrating already ... flying to their tropical home .... So if you want to see it more you must be quick ...

M dP

could be a northern european migrant. numbers through gruissan (my barometer for france) tend to be 2nd to 3rd decade of august (from the 10th to the 20th and 20th to 30th)...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back