• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warbler - Portugal, August 2012 (1 Viewer)

Cristian,

Tricky looking Melodious Warbler. I think the rather pronounced supercilum and the whitish outer tail feathers are due to lighting/angles. I cannot see how it can be anything else.....its a juv. I think - pointed tail feathers, this maybe why it shows the pale outer tail feathers...?

Out of interest, where was it?

Simon

Hi Simon,

I found this pic on facebook. The only information about location is the name of the country (Portugal). It was identified as Chiffchaff :-O

Obviously a warbler from genus Hippolais, but I'm familiar only with Icterine and Eastern Olivaceous...

Melody for me too. The PP does it. As does the yellow-greens. Difficult angle. But not long-tailed, and no super. Hippo - Melodious.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back