• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bee-eaters keeping up appearances (1 Viewer)

paulnewport

I was recently watching an episode of the popular and very funny 'Keeping up appearances'. A particular scene outside Hyacynth Buckets house made me smile as European Bee-eaters could be heard calling. Has anybody else picked up on this, or indeed, had any other experiences with watching a UK set programme or film with, for example, out-of-season bird-song (such as Willow Warbler singing in winter in a show which I cannot remember the title of).

Paul

I was recently watching an episode of the popular and very funny 'Keeping up appearances'. A particular scene outside Hyacynth Buckets house made me smile as European Bee-eaters could be heard calling. Has anybody else picked up on this, or indeed, had any other experiences with watching a UK set programme or film with, for example, out-of-season bird-song (such as Willow Warbler singing in winter in a show which I cannot remember the title of).

Paul

I've heard this Bee-eater call on a few programmes over the years. Must be a stock library recording... Hopeless innit?!

I don't know what's more embarassing. The fact that the BBC have made a bit of a blooper or the fact you're admitting to watching Keeping up Appearances ;)

You always get Hoopoes calling when watching Sean Bean in Sharpe.
Most of the Naploeonic episodes are in France, Portugal and Spain.

It's when you get a Macaw in a Tarzan film!

regards
Merlin

Hoopoe calling on CountryFile last night....got it's own thread :-O

I drive hubby nuts when we're watching tv....now been told to Be Quiet! :smoke: :-O

You're not another one that keeps getting on peoples nerves by constantly saying " Seen that......... and that. That's a....". Brilliant, isn't it?

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back