• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How can I attract birds to my yard? (1 Viewer)

As you may already know, I live in Amazonas, Brazil ;)
What kinds of feeders and nesting boxes do you think I should add?
How can I make my yard more "Bird-friendly?"
Thanks,
AS:eat::t:

What kind of birds are attracted to your garden, AS? What kind of food do you currently feed?

You might like to visit our sister site Gardener's Forum for ideas on how to make a garden more friendly for birds and wild life.

It's easiest to provide seeds, I would use what's local but black oil sunflower is the northern standard. Some people provide things like meal worms for insectivores but personally speaking, that's beyond me. Many birds will eat fruit, esp I imagine where you are, such varieties as they like where you are should attract birds. The trick with feeders in to put them in places where the birds feel secure from predators and where pest animals can't reach them, it's a bit complicated and I would get some books on the subject. Finally, and again this is in Northern climes, it usually takes a while for birds to find new feeders and then to get used to using them with reduced fear; when I resumed feeding after a period abroad birds started trickling in fairly soon but it took a few years to have numbers coming in as in the old days. Patience is key, fortunately the only work involved is filling and a bit of cleaning, so patience is easier. Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back