• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (5 Viewers)

Love the two barn owl colour pieces Arthur. They show how diverse your approach can be - same subject, two completely different design concepts and technical approaches - wonderfully creative work.
Kes sketches are brilliant. Your life-work is tip top.

Now you know how much I love a barnie and this latest is a peach! The halfturned head lets you show those back feathers and patterns off and the owl's so obviously alive and hunting. Yes, do turn it into a painting.

Nice kessies too! There seem to be quite a lot around here again now after a distinct lack of them for a while.

Mike

Hey, welcome back Arthur!

Barnie looking great so far, love that glowering sky. (Bloody typical for Norfolk!)

Mike

Was starting to wonder where you'd been! Good to see this work in progress - barnie against a grey sky - mmmmm!

Great result Arthur, no wonder you've been quiet for a while. Lots of detail and I bet you're saying to yourself 'I'm never going to paint the back of a barn owl ever again!' I know I say that to myself every time I paint one!

Mike

thats a wonderful painting Arthur! I love it! I liked the progressional shots aswell

In fact, you've inspired me to have another attempt to get into my art again. expect a post from my thread shortly...

Zac

Ive been quiet for a while.
Nice to see drawing again Zac.

I have made the move at last. Some of my pic's will be in the Picturecraft Gallery, Lees yard, Holt from 15th Jan. 2009.

Also my pond has been completely wiped out of big fat fish overnight. Im'e fairly certain its an Otter or Otters. It looks as if a bomb had hit it plus scales and bits where they had been eaten and these:-

Attachments

• L1140543.jpg
    L1140543.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 40
  • L1140553.jpg
    L1140553.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 43
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back