• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone use a Digi T? (1 Viewer)

CoolWater

Bird Newbie
Today is the first day I began looking into digiscoping. Without a doubt my first question was whether I would be able to use my current digital camera. I found this site that has the adapter for my camera and wondered if anyone has used one of their adapters with their camera. It would be nice to have the camera and adapter - leaving me only to worry about the spotting scope.

http://www.scopetronix.com/dtsystems.htm

Thanks,
Adam

PS If anyone knows of any other camera specific or 'universal' adapters they would recommend please leave that info... thanks again

don't know about that specific camera but a lot of guys in astronomy used the Digi T with a variety of small digital cameras,, was one of the earlier mounts offering universal (sort of) camera mounting,,

as their web site displays the ring will be attached to the top of the eyepiece,, I do not know if all viewing scope seyepieces are made the same in size and diameter with a removable eyecup as the astronomy eyepieces,, the Digi T mounts in the recess area where the eyecup (ring) is mounted,, they are easy to remove,,

there is a threaded male ring on the top of the Digi T that screws into the camera lense female threaded ring,, your camera may not offer a threaded option for mounting such,,

to see what Tele Vue offers for camera attachments go to the below web site and scroll about half way down,,

http://www.buytelescopes.com/search...cturer_id=&max_price_nr=&min_price_nr=&page=2

if your camera offers a threaded surface for attaching you may be able to find a match,,

according to DP Review your camera does have a lense thread for options,,

Last edited:
An alternative

Hi:

I have not used the Digi T but have used a similar product. The URL for this product is:

http://www.microscope-store.com/uni....html?osCsid=b73ad5bc035e86be4e232e59de351d9d

It is a microscope adapter--but it has several parts for using it as an eyepiece for visual work, for microscopes, for telescopes, and for stereo microscopes. This might be helpful. It is equipped with a T mount ring on the top of the eyepieces drawtube so if your camera is equipped with threads it can be attached to the adapter and by raising and lowering the drawtube you can reduce vignetting. Check out the site and see if there is an adapter suitable for your system.

I have used it for microscopes and it will do a dandy job with a Nikon 950--it does work with a Sony F828 but the zoom control tends to slip and this results in vignetting as the focal length of the lens is reduced.

I hope this helps.

Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back