• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Viper HD 32's availability (1 Viewer)

A2GG

Beth
United States
I noticed the 6x32 and 8x32 are missing from Eagle Optics site, so I
checked Vortex and they say limited availability for each model.

Anyone know what's going on with the Viper line?

I sent an email to EO just a bit ago to see if they are being discontinued or replaced with a new model. I would be interested in a new Viper 6x32 for portability and big EP.

That's a good thing. That little Viper HD 8X32 is a great binocular. My favorite of the Vortex lineup...

agreed it is definitely the best one in the Viper line. I don't know why they aren't as popular as the 8x42. Seems like every supplier only stocks the 8x42 and up.

Timmay ...... Out here, most of the retailers cater to the hunting market. That market likes 10X and 42mm or larger for use in the wide open spaces of the west. The 8X32 is a hard sell from what I have been told. Several sales reps have told me to my surprise that 15X is very popular for the hunting crowd.

My favorites in the Viper line are the 8X32 and the 10X42, however the FOV needs to be increased in the 10X42 for the $600 price.

Likely why Nikon does not make a 8x32 midrange with ED glass similar to Monarch 7 the 8x42 model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nikon never did make a mid-range 8x32 Roof Prism binocular.

Their 8x32 SE and 8x30 E2 Porro prisms were in that price range below their top of the line 8x32 LXL.

Nikon did make a very popular Monarch 8x36 roof prism which sold very well at Eagle Optics when they still carried the Nikon line. I recall that it had over Forty 5 star reviews from EO customers when the Nikon line was dropped.

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back