• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

URGENT! Injured blackbird, hit by car, URGENT! (1 Viewer)

elenamay

Hello everyone!
Was on my way home from town and came across a adult-looking blackbird sitting in the middle of the road (I live in the country so it is a very unfrequented road.) I went to see what was going on with the bird and he did not really respond to my presence so i picked him up planning to place him on the side of the road so he could recover from whatever was happening, but then i saw that his right eye was solid read, looking as if it had burst (it look as if it was made from blood) I am certain that the bird had been hit by a car and possibly has brain/eye trauma.
Unable to get him to a vet, but put him in a small lined shoe box and is in my hot water cupboard. I think he may die very soon but was wondering if there is any chance of me offering him a shot at survival?

Thank you for any help possible
-emay

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back