• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (3 Viewers)

You can beat the squirrels without endangering them. I use a baffler and putout sunflower and whole corn for them. I enjoy them but keep them away from my feeders because they are wasteful.

Had greenfinch, goldfinch, collared dove, GSW and a song thrush in the garden today, variety is picking up for winter.

Also a blackbird at the apples on the ground, good to see them, appearances are getting rarer and rarer.

Oh, and the squirrel is currently enjoying peanuts......

Chilli my arse ! 8-P

EDIT : Forgot to mention that the goldcrests are still flitting about as well.

Last edited:
Not had a single LTT since we moved to the new house in March.

And this is despite putting out value fruit scones on a regular basis, was told they love them!

Only seen a maximum of 3 here bongo, so you're ahead of me

They are very active at the moment, stashing sunflower hearts away in various locations and it took an hour or so of watching to finally see all 4 together. Quite nice to have an hour spare to glare out of the window!

Mixed Siskin, Goldfinch and Chaffinch flock today. Oh and a dozen blackbirds devouring every berry they can reach. Mistle Thrush a nice winter visitor and our aggressive, ever bolshy Robin.

Garden tick this morning: Hooded Crow! (for about 2 seconds)
'Window' tick yesterday morning: a very vocal Whooper Swan

Also I've never bothered to put down whole peanuts before, but the corvids are loving it and the Magpies keep caching them in the lawn.

They are very active at the moment, stashing sunflower hearts away in various locations and it took an hour or so of watching to finally see all 4 together. Quite nice to have an hour spare to glare out of the window!

Very busy here too - between the Coal Tits, Nuthatches and Jays we're getting through a lot of food, there just isn't the natural food out there this year so the birds that are normally quiet in Autumn are back in garden in search of food!

We've also had a fair few visits from Siskins recently, joining in with the dozen or so Goldfinches on the Sunflower Hearts/ Niger seed.

Garden list has now rolled on to 96. Whooper swans were just visible at the end of the marsh last week and there was a single gadwall on the marsh. Weirdly, also a single pinky in with the greylags since Sunday. Flock of at least 6 goldcrest in the pines at the farm (waiting for a coal tit to turn up there). And, at last(!) we found a dunnock!

Marsh had the highest flood we've seen since moving here. Really impressive. Ringtail hen harrier and a SEO trying their luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back