Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Sunday 18th February 2007, 21:07   #1
OzRadio

Davis, OK area

We will be taking a short vacation to the Davis, OK area in early June. Does anyone know of a good regional book we can get to study up on possible sightings before we go? The wife and I are both new birders.
Thanks,
Oz
Old Tuesday 29th April 2008, 20:02   #2
buckskin hawk
Oklahoma Birder

You'll need both an Eastern and Western birding guide. You are right in the middle and can have both varieties. I have seen a western and eastern Kingbird sitting side by side on the same fence. I like Sibleys but any will do.

You will want to make the short journey to Sulphur, Ok and the Chickasaw National Recreation Area. http://www.nps.gov/chic/index.htm The visitor's center is located in Sulphur and they have the prettiest trail. I saw some great birds along the stream on this trail in late May two years ago.

Another great place is Lake Murray south of Ardmore if you have the time. http://www.touroklahoma.com/detail.asp?id=1%2B5U%2B6446
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: