• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

House Martin swooping - will they nest? (1 Viewer)

david2004

There are House Martins nesting on my estate, but so far have never nested on my house or the houses near it. I was hopeful this year as they feed a lot more over my house and around that area.

Recently, House Martins have been swooping extremely low over gardens and round houses etc. Then I noticed they were going up to walls/gables for a second or two , staying there, and then flying off.

They checked out my House Martin nest cup and did the above thing to a corner of my window three times!

Are they prospective nesters for next, or even this year? I'd love them to nest.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back