• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lifer/Life List? (1 Viewer)

Hi All
I am new to birding. What does a Lifer or Life List mean?
Kind Regards
Amelia

Many birders keep lists of birds they have seen. The most common list is a "Life list", which is a list of birds you have seen in your life. However, it usually relates to a specific area as well. For example, when I refer to my Life list, I'm actually refering to my UK list, NOT my World list.

A lifer is a new bird for your life list.

Hi Colin
Thanks. In the back of my Bird Guide is a list with tick boxes where i ticked the birds that i've seen since i got the book. Now i know that is the start of my Life List!
I also now see there is a Thread for lists on the Forum which i'm looking forward to using. Also thought it might be an idea to get a yearly diary to use for everyday sightings.
Here's to future "Year List", "Region List", "Garden List", etc., etc.
Kind Regards
Amelia

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back