• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Case for GS 665 GA (1 Viewer)

Simon.md

Hey guys,

I have the above scope and with christmas coming up am thinking of getting a stay-on case for it.

Currently I carry it around inside a camera backpack which works but is a pain taking it out when I want to move on and putting it back etc.. also means I have to have a larger backpack. The scope over one shoulder and the tripod over the other appeals :)

Anyway, I note that Opticron do two cases, the black one and the slightly more expensive green one. From the pictures the green one looked to be more fiddly then the black but that's probably just my impression. Really I was after some feedback on either of these options as to which is the better bet. As you can appreciate they are not cheap so do not want to end up getting the wrong one!

Thanks,
Simon.

Hey guys,

I have the above scope and with christmas coming up am thinking of getting a stay-on case for it.

Currently I carry it around inside a camera backpack which works but is a pain taking it out when I want to move on and putting it back etc.. also means I have to have a larger backpack. The scope over one shoulder and the tripod over the other appeals :)

Anyway, I note that Opticron do two cases, the black one and the slightly more expensive green one. From the pictures the green one looked to be more fiddly then the black but that's probably just my impression. Really I was after some feedback on either of these options as to which is the better bet. As you can appreciate they are not cheap so do not want to end up getting the wrong one!

Thanks,
Simon.

Hi Simon,

The main differences are that the green has a zippered prism housing section providing easier access when changing eyepieces, focus flap retention stud allowing unfettered access to the focus wheel plus a neoprene carry strap.

Also the green has a matt coloured finish and black has a shiny finish to it.

My personal favourite is the Green. It just looks and feels better quality to me.

Cheers

Rob :t:

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back