• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joint Thread (1 Viewer)

Beautiful paintings Woody! I enjoyed following the progress of the Kestrel and she is beautiful! The feathering is superb and absolutely perfect.

Here are some black-necked stilts today...

Attachments

• Stilts Pair.jpg
    Stilts Pair.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 84
Thank you for your comments all- I would like to do a picture of the greenshanks, I love the composition- it was just as they were.

Peter - loving your work as ever and Mike that barn owl is really special.

Ow's Ya Pecker, Woody?

Just a polite enquiry (following your shared birthdays!!!!).
And - here's a pecker, Woody.
One of 12 illustrations I am currently enthralled by:smoke: (not all birds - and definitely not all drawn from life!)
Beautiful little waterscape Peter - liquid loveliness!

Attachments

• pek.jpg
    pek.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 96
Fantastic composition Peter and a masterly executed Woodpecker Tim!
I'm the one now who has to post something new, and in this case an Illustration
presented here in three stages until it has been completed.

Paschalis

Attachments

• Calandra, Bimaculated lark plate.jpg
    Calandra, Bimaculated lark plate.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 87
  • Calandra, Bimaculated lark plate.A.jpg
    Calandra, Bimaculated lark plate.A.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Calandra, Bimaculated lark plate.B.jpg
    Calandra, Bimaculated lark plate.B.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 94
Oh Yes - very, very nice indeed! Up to your very best standard of illustration Paschalis - wonderful (what's the latest project, or can't you speak about it?)

Thank you both!
Of course I can speak about it Tim!
It's actually just an ID plate for an article about to be published
in the German field ornithology magazine "LIMICOLA".
I'll post a high res pic in the Gallery soon...

Paschalis

Very instructive seeing the progression, it seems you start off the same way as I do when attempting this sort of thing, except I usually balls it up before getting anywhere near to completion. Illustration of the highest quality, keeping the life and character of the subject beautifully.

Great work everyone. I am really hoping to do something for myself this next week and I am hoping to figure out how to get it all on digital to share with you all.
Tim, I'm not even going to go near your 'pecker....it's just too good!!!!

Great work everyone. I am really hoping to do something for myself this next week and I am hoping to figure out how to get it all on digital to share with you all.
Tim, I'm not even going to go near your 'pecker....it's just too good!!!!

Theres a reply to this Tim but I'll keep stum.

Ooh it's all gone a bit Carry On!!

Can't keep up really - lots of lovely stuff again

Paschalis - larks are spot on, Peter - I think everyone's used all the available adjectives for your mini-marvels!

Anyway inspired by Peters small wonders here's something that was again a competition entry some years ago - actual size is 6cmx6cm (2.5cm is an inch in old money)

Lack of posting was camera issues - err, I had to dry it out and hope all it's digital bits came back to life - slight balance difficulty on slippy rocks trying to photograph purple sandpipers. I decided to sacrifice my elbow to save the camera but it didn't quite work as it ended up partly in a rock pool!

Cheers,
Andrew

Attachments

• yellow-rump_1.jpg
    yellow-rump_1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I had family here for the holiday so I have been a way for a bit...

Tim, Paschalis (congrats on the magazine), and Andrew - Wow! What a great time I had catching up - fantastic stuff.

Here are a couple of simpler compositions...

Attachments

• Chickadee.jpg
    Chickadee.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Bee.jpg
    Bee.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 78
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back