• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Sporter 8x36 / 10x36 (1 Viewer)

I put rubberbands beneath each eyecup of my Nikon Sporters to keep the eyecups from going all the way down. Too much eye relief if they do.
marcus

Nikon 8x36 Sporters...
Mine were so good...me Mum's got them now...
I cannot get them back!!!!!!!!
Shall have to buy some more...or are there any other bins to consider now?
Advice sought again. :)
Dave.

At that price, surely nothing comes close. Beyond that, Nikon SEs seem to be the best thing since sliced bread according to a host of folk on this forum from both sides of the Atlantic.

Last edited:
Every thing thats been said before seems to ring true,only snag now is that my other half has claimed them for her own. Also i see there is a picture of them in the rspb bird-watching book (d-K).page 32..

Nikon Sporter 8x36

elgin5050.fsnet said:
Every thing thats been said before seems to ring true,only snag now is that my other half has claimed them for her own. Also i see there is a picture of them in the rspb bird-watching book (d-K).page 32..

Yes the holding of the eye relief is a pain. Once having arrived at the correct position (I wear varifocal specs) I held the eyecups in position with black insulation tape. They are now OK for me, but not suitable to lend to anyone else!!

That's unfortunate. I've never heard that problem from anyone else - I suppose it must depend upon individual eyesight.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back