• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Things with Wings (1 Viewer)

Hello! O:)

Are flies that unusual? Ok, on this blog of course. How many flies does a bird catch a day?

Thank you all for the compliments!!!

Today it was not too hot to draw these two guys I observed on Madeira some years ago. They are called turnstones and I found their way of looking for food quite unusual. I'm sure I show you soon O;-)

Ulrike O:)

Attachments

• Steinwaelzerm.jpg
    Steinwaelzerm.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 110
Hello! O:)

Are flies that unusual? Ok, on this blog of course. How many flies does a bird catch a day?

Thank you all for the compliments!!!

Today it was not too hot to draw these two guys I observed on Madeira some years ago. They are called turnstones and I found their way of looking for food quite unusual. I'm sure I show you soon O;-)

that's a great non-obvious arrangement of the turnstones

not so many bird pics out there with an equal number of birds facing away as facing towards observer..

Hallo Gaby,

dankeschön für das warme Willkommen, hihi.
Greetings to the west from the north.

...going further north to Cuxhaven today... but the weatherforecast *sigh*
...of course taking some colours!

Hi Ed,

I take them as they are. Tails are important part of birds, aren't they? It's not really an arrangement, I must confess. O;-)

Hi Tim,

I think I'll some more insects soon... I remember a sort of bee or bumble bee in my photo collection that is worth a painting. Thank you O:)

Hi Mike,

thank you very much. I like simple compositions. There will be more soo, I'm sure O:)

A great weekend to you all,

Hi Ulrike,
Very impressd with the turnstones. Sketched some recently, but nowhere as convincing as these though. As Ed says, an unusual composition and very well executed. I love bold patterns like this. Have you just used a soft-leaded pencil here?

Regards

Russ

Have you just used a soft-leaded pencil here?

Hi Russ,

I've got a selection of pencils from 2H to 8B. Mostly I start with HB and finish 8B, but I don't use all of them.

How do you draw?

... Husband is calling. I have to go. Bye O:)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back