• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarobright? (1 Viewer)

Adam C

Latest Lifer: Far Eastern Curlew: 11-2-07
Hi all.

Having just purcahsed the 8x30SLC demos I was reading the excellent info on the SLC 8x30 or EL 8x32? thread and just wondering if the ones I purchased are the later models with the Swarobright coatings.

They have 'Habicht" SLC 8x30WB written on them and thats it.

I suspect thay are the older model but can anyone shed some light on this.

Sorry to post another thread on this but any help would be really appreciated..always nice to know~

Hi, Adam. There are two ways to determine which version you have. First, the first two digits of the serial number: if it is 68xxxxxxxxx or higher, they are the Swarobright version. Second, the color of the light reflected by the objective lenses will be distinctly purple in the pre-Swarobright version and have more of a greenish tint in the Swarobright version. By the way, it is the degree of purple light being reflected and not transmitted to your eye which gives the pre-Swarobright version its distinct yellow color cast. The pre-Swarobrights are also more flare prone in difficult light.

Hi Angelo,I have a old Swarovski SLC [SL compact roof]7x30 B that has the purple reflected light lens,this binocular was just fixed in 2003 and when it came back from Swarovski it had a different serial number and was "brand new" except my old occular & objective.The serial number starts with DA73 etc. Swarovski told me they couldn't upgrade this to p-coating.I was wondering when they made a change to this series?
Steve

Thanks so much for the reply angelo, They are the older model but as brand new, mint +++ as you could find and I am really loving the views through them...Pretty darn stoked for $400.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back