• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

nest cam? (1 Viewer)

keith richter

if i want have a nest cam in my sparrow hawk box where do i start. becuse i have a blackbird in it and i want to see them hatch. (i dont want to disturb them).

keith richter said:
if i want have a nest cam in my sparrow hawk box where do i start. becuse i have a blackbird in it and i want to see them hatch. (i dont want to disturb them).
I have a similar question as well. Now that the sunflower/safflower feeder outside the kitchen window is so successful, I would like to place a cam somewhere close so that I can view ALL of the action! Right now, I have to peek through the blind of one of the windows to watch them, and I have to be very careful to not scare them away. I know NOTHING about teeny cams, how to set them up, etc.

keith richter said:

Keith,

Don't try and set one up this year as you WILL definatley disturb the blackbirds. You will have to install a camera at the end of the year so that it is set up before next years birds move in. It is very important that the birds are not disturbed at all or you will end up with abandoned eggs/ dead fledglings.

I would suggest doing at internet search for 'bird box camera' as this should give you lots of info so you learn in time for next year.

Good luck with the birds, hope they fledge successfully.

brains said:
Keith,

Don't try and set one up this year as you WILL definatley disturb the blackbirds. You will have to install a camera at the end of the year so that it is set up before next years birds move in. It is very important that the birds are not disturbed at all or you will end up with abandoned eggs/ dead fledglings.

I would suggest doing at internet search for 'bird box camera' as this should give you lots of info so you learn in time for next year.

Good luck with the birds, hope they fledge successfully.

Where have people gotten their birdcams, I see a lot of UK sites, but not a lot of US sites.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back