• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Carver New to Forum (1 Viewer)

BlueCrab

I suppose the best way to introduce myself is to post a link to my bird carving web site. I carve mostly songbirds, but am trying to get into doing some of the raptors.

I don't do elegant drawings of my carving ideas, but do try some rough sketches to try to get the attitude of the bird in relation to its habitat for the piece I am thinking about. I recently started to try clay models before beginning to carve, but it seems to take longer than the actual carving.

In any case, please visit my web site

Are there any other bird/decoy carvers on the bird art forum?

Bob Wasmer
Nampa, Idaho
U.S.A.

Hi Bob - I see you've been a member for several years, but a huge welcome to the art bit from me.
And as Marmot says, we are fortunate to have some fabulously talented carvers and makers in this bit of BirdForum (including the multi-talented chap directly above this post) - and I'm sure they'll all look forward to seeing more of your work here.
You have a super website with some stunning work - it's beyond me how you guys do it, but I can appreciate the skill.

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum! All the carvings look good to me. Now if a Red-breasted Nuthatch would just make an actual appearance here! They're always a hit or miss proposition in Philadelphia. But I and my wife always love seeing them.

Welcome to the best bit as the lads call it, the oriole is just beautiful, there are some great carvers here, and you are one of them....My favorite part of the forum is contact with all kinds of artists and styles, look forward to seeing your new ones...

Welcome on board Bob. Super work on your website, all the birds have that elusive spark that's so difficult to capture in carvings and sculptures. The bufflehead has a particularly charming expression.

Mike

welcome aboard, nice to have you with us, I've only ever carved one thing in my life - a sleeping purple sandpiper (sleeping for obvious reasons), love your work, I may be inspired to risk losing a finger or two! Looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you all for the comments about my carvings. It means a lot when the comments come from other bird artists and birders.

Tim Wooten, I have been a mamber of the forum for several years now. Mostly I have been lurking on the gallery pages and Andy's digiscoping pages.

Stunning work! My favorite from gallery # 1 is the Oriole, very unique pose and so well crafted!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back