• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brazil! Advice needed! (1 Viewer)

ttennery

Hi all,
I will be doing the Pantanal and wondered if anyone had any advice for going and NOT paying 7k. Any day tours rather than the two week packages? Any help would be great appreciated!!

best,

Tristan

Hi Tristan and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

I've moved your thread to the Brasil/Brazil section of the Forum and have subscribed you to this thread so that yu will get notifications when someone replies ;)

For what it's worth, Paulo Boute and his tour outfit helped up in 2015, booking a car and accommodation for us, and advising on our itinerary. All went well so you could look him up on the web and make contact. Nowhere near 7k!

Happy to attempt answers to more specific Qs...
Cheers,
Andy

Fly into Cuiaba rent a car no need for 4x4 or truck and go. It's really quite simple. I car camped but plenty of lodges along the road to Porto Jofre. Visit Chapado dos Guimaraes NP as well.

thanks all, a lot of good info. Doing research now. Had wanted to to go from the Bolivian side (where i used to live) but, yeah, closer to Cuiaba seems better for birding.

SLOW BIRDING PANTANAL with 20% OFF

During January 05th to May 31st we are offering 20% off on our Pantanal Slow Birding tours. Our favorite way to bird is related to the slow food movement: stay local, stay focused, and stay appreciative. Our purpose on this trip is slow birding where we take the time to get to know an area and its birds well. Plenty of time to photograph, watch behavior, understand territories and things like that. This is why we use a single lodge where we can drop our stuff on the room, and feel the magic of being in nature, listening to the birds, and connecting with a very special place.

Hi Tristan,
It's now Feb 2018 and I am in Brazil for 6 months. I am wondering if you can enlighten me about your trip. Did you go to Cuiaba for birding? Please let me know of your adventures and highlights. i got here in December and went to Iguazhu Falls, to the coast in the state of Santa Catarina and I'm living in the heartland of central Brazil in Sao Paulo state. Cuiaba is not far from here and I am interested in going there for a couple of weeks, or other good birding places. Any input would be awesome!
Cheers,
Stephanie [email protected]

Hi Tristan,
It's now Feb 2018 and I am in Brazil for 6 months. I am wondering if you can enlighten me about your trip. Did you go to Cuiaba for birding? Please let me know of your adventures and highlights. i got here in December and went to Iguazhu Falls, to the coast in the state of Santa Catarina and I'm living in the heartland of central Brazil in Sao Paulo state. Cuiaba is not far from here and I am interested in going there for a couple of weeks, or other good birding places. Any input would be awesome!
Cheers,
Stephanie [email protected]

If you're planning to go to Cuiaba, I would recommend you to combine the Pantanal (1h30 minutes from the town) and the Chapada dos Guimaraes National Park (1h from the town), where you can enjoy great hking and birding opportunities.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back