• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Insurance... do you or dont you? (1 Viewer)

wizard

HELP
Does anyone know of a good firm that would cover camera, bins & scope along with other expensive bits & bobs here in the UK with good rates?

i would prefure a recomended firm than a fly by night sort of set up

thanks folks, looking forward to some feedback
:eat:

wizard said:
HELP
Does anyone know of a good firm that would cover camera, bins & scope along with other expensive bits & bobs here in the UK with good rates?
i would prefure a recomended firm than a fly by night sort of set up
thanks folks, looking forward to some feedback
:eat:
Hi - I looked into this just the other week and the cheapest/best place to get my cameras/lens etc insured was by having a 'all risks away from home' clause (cant remember exactly the phrase that was used) in my HOME (the Pru) contents insurance. I choose to have a limit of £2000 (and only anything over £1000 needs declaring) but I could have gone lower and higher. For £2000 coverage I only pay just over £2.50 per month and this will insure ANY items not just photographic etc.

HTH

Terry

Yes .... on my home insurance also ... abbey national & Barclays both do 'away from home' cover

Last edited:
thanks very much for all your help, i will be looking into it in the morning. some places online wanted more than i was paying for caravan insurance!

thanks again

I had mine covered on my house insurance which is with Norwich Union. Just as well as I trashed my scope on the Pompey/Bilboa ferry in the autumn and I didnt have any problems with them coughing up 1300 quid for a new one. So I can recommend them.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back