• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

D600 (1 Viewer)

Duke Leto

Without habitat, there is no wildlife. It's that s
Check out Nikon rumours seems the next body will be a full frame entry level body, the D600

I guess we enthusiastic amateur wildlife photographers are in a small minority when it comes to camera sales so the likely hood of the perfect camera for our needs is less than that for other uses but I do wonder if Nikon are trying to dazzle their prospective buyers with gimmickry in the way of the latest gizmos. There was a lot of anti feeling when video was introduced in DSLR bodies but, although I have used it for less than 1% of my shots, I don't object to it being included and find the tiny pieces I have recorded ideal for capturing scenes or memorable events.
It looks like the future is likely to be dominated by wifi and gps, maybe a small internet browser on the rear screen and who knows, a built in phone too. An IPad as a DSLR. All the sort of thing you can use sat in a holiday bar somewhere sunny to show your friends what a good time you are having via a social network site.
What I really want is a rugged weatherproof body, very good low light capabilities and a reasonable fps and MP count.
The D4 for amateurs at a more affordable price. I can see why news reporters need the high techno spec too but I can remember which muddy field I was sat in and I'm happy to wait until I get home to download my efforts via a card reader.
I live in hope !

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back