• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My local patch, Severnside Engalnd (1 Viewer)

Popeye

My local patch; Severnside, England

My local patch on the Severn Estuary is usually covered by just one (dedicated) birder in the week with 3 or 4 others at the weekends.

It has gone through an excellent period this year with 4 new species seen so far. We usually average about 1 per year.

Daily reports with many pictures back to July 2002 can be seen on the website http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/severnsidebirds

The website is dedicated to Severnsidebirders, past and present who flog the area in all weathers and times of no birds in common with many other local patch birders.

Best wishes

Popeye

Last edited:
We can see the pink building with the "triangular" roof at Goldcliff on your side of the estuary, more than 10 miles away and also feel very jealous.

Popeye

Trouble is, all of the hard slog building up 'real' data along the Estuary is being devalued now, everyone just goes to the reserve!!!

Andy.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back