• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax PF 80ED and prime focus. (1 Viewer)

riccardo

Hi, has anyone ever tried to take picture in prime focus with this scope? If so please describe your setting because it is driving me mad, I cannot reach focus, not even with a barlow. I have to use an eyepiece and I find myself obliged to take picture with eyepiece projection.
thanks

r-

HI riccardo. I'm mess with all the technical terms. Do you mean SLR camera with no lens attached to scope with no eyepiece at all? If ,I do not think you will be able to. Have you looked at the Pentax camera adapter (~300US$). Sout Fork (another forum member) should be able to help you. Why don't you send him a mail? Jose

No, the images are right side up.

The barlow screw in element is a concave lens so it does not flip the image. Convex lens flips images.

The barlow screw in element is also much cheaper than buying the Pentax adapter. About $80 for my solution versus $250 to $300 for the Pentax one.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back