• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with Manfrotto/Bogen leg lever replacement (1 Viewer)

Marys1000

I tripped on my tripod and broke what I guess is one of the leg lever things. So the bottom part of the leg falls out. The leg seems unbent.
I'm having no luck trying to find a part to fix it, all my searches come tripod head or plate issues. I don't think I know the right nomenclature.

It is.......green! The number says 3130G which doesn't even come up on the Manfrotto website search.

The part I need has wide...circle thing around the leg with 2 x tightening screws and one black flip lever.

Any help appreciated.

I replaced the same parts on my old Manfrotto. I guess that you mean the leg clamp and the leg lock tightening knob.

I tripped on my tripod and broke what I guess is one of the leg lever things. So the bottom part of the leg falls out. The leg seems unbent.
I'm having no luck trying to find a part to fix it, all my searches come tripod head or plate issues. I don't think I know the right nomenclature.

It is.......green! The number says 3130G which doesn't even come up on the Manfrotto website search.

The part I need has wide...circle thing around the leg with 2 x tightening screws and one black flip lever.

Any help appreciated.

The following link is to the Manfrotto spares website. The numbers in the left hand column are Manfrotto parts, with Gitzo on the right. You should be able to find blown-up diagrams of each model/part, and their part numbers.

The number 3131G is for the fluid head, known as the 128RC here in the UK. Heads and legsets are sold separately, so that number won't help with identifying your tripod legs model number.

Note also that many Manfrotto parts have different numbers in the US compared to these. If you could post a couple of photos of your tripod legs, with close-ups of the leg clamps and the top castings, someone will be able to help you identify which model you have, then at least you will know the name and number of the parts you need. If you have a larger model, I'd hazard a guess that you have one of the 055 models. The 190 series, also popular, generally have thinner and shorter leg sections. Note that there are many variations of each, though I think many will share the same leg clamp design.

Good luck with getting it sorted.

http://www.manfrottospares.com/index.php?route=information/identify_part&gclid=CIWOtenj6a8CFUsMtAodNUR9zg

Last edited:
As Steve says, the 3130 is the model number of the head. The model number for the legs should be on a tag on one of the legs.

I just replaced a leg-lock on my 055. It took less than 2 weeks to arrive from Great Britain.

Ah ha
3205GN
S/N MF28
Made in Italy

Hm well, no 'equivalent on the website

Seems there is a 3205GN3 Bogen equivalent called 190NAT3. The "collar" for that looks like it.....I think.

ARGH = Paypal only

Ok - got it on order, hope its the right one. Thanks for the website and tip about the number on the tripod vs. head.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back