• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Video Screen? (1 Viewer)

shezza

Doe anyone know if it is possible to go into the video screen on the P900 before pressing the video record button like on the SX 50?

Last edited:
Hi Shezza, more questions about the P900? Did you take my advice and check out a few reviews?

Don't quite understand your question re the "video screen" Do you mean the image that is showing on the screen when you switch the camera on?

Do you mean the image that shows when you look through the EVF?

When you want to do videoing you simply look at the screen/EVF and press the little red record button, and it records what you see on the screen or in the EVF. When you want to stop videoing you press the little red button again and it stops the videoing.

Hope that answers your query

Den

Hi Shezza, more questions about the P900? Did you take my advice and check out a few reviews?

Don't quite understand your question re the "video screen" Do you mean the image that is showing on the screen when you switch the camera on?

Do you mean the image that shows when you look through the EVF?

When you want to do videoing you simply look at the screen/EVF and press the little red record button, and it records what you see on the screen or in the EVF. When you want to stop videoing you press the little red button again and it stops the videoing.

Hope that answers your query

Den

Yes I did do extensive search of the reviews, but you must admit not EVERYTHING is written down about it or any other camera come to that.
The question is,on the CanonSX50 you can go into the video mode and get the actual view that you will be taking IE narrowed down view ( black mask top and bottom of the screen) even without actually recording. With my Nikon P900 I cant find a setting for that apart from going directly into record mode and then the screen changes, not good for composing a shot before recording. Hope you understand this better!!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back