• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8x20 limited edition (1 Viewer)

Gregore

Does any one recall Swarovski issuing a 8x20 limited edition B-283 binocular?

They seem to have sterling silver trim as they are hallmarked 925

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Does any one recall Swarovski issuing a 8x20 limited edition B-283 binocular?

They seem to have sterling silver trim as they are hallmarked 925

This is the Century serie (only 1000 were made) from Swarovski for their celebration of the 100-year anniversary (1895-1995).

Originally it came in a gift wrap box, including a special leather pouch and separate century brochure.
It's a collectors item (I've got # 925 and 706).

Congrets!!

Jan

Thanks for the info , sadly the owners before me did not keep any of the packaging . Odd

Does yours have a B in the serial number ? As I have seen the same binoculars for sale in England with an A in the serial number.

One of the eye cups has grit deep down inside so they will go back to sona soon , it is a shame they do not have the screw off eye cups like my el 8x32

Thanks for the info , sadly the owners before me did not keep any of the packaging . Odd

Does yours have a B in the serial number ? As I have seen the same binoculars for sale in England with an A in the serial number.

One of the eye cups has grit deep down inside so they will go back to sona soon , it is a shame they do not have the screw off eye cups like my el 8x32

Yes it has the B number.
The current pocket models do have screw off eye cups, according tot the Swarovski philosophy: Improve the Best;)

Jan

PS

Down here one model reached 1.000,00+ euro (complete).

Last edited:
Just spoke with sona and they have no info on them in the computers and no one in today ( day before Christmas ) remembers them so in the new year I will send them in for the eye cup to be fixed .

Any one remember what you payed for them new ?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back