• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birders, Birds, Wild Animals & Mother Nature - hilarious combination while I was birding - Part 2 (1 Viewer)

Dr Manjeet Singh

Dr.Manjeet Singh
Birders,Birds Wild Animals..+Monkey..Part 2...

Well people by now you'll must have read my 1st birding trip to K.Selangor which was 2 months ago and now i am forced to go back because i started TWITCHING -Oh no -no disrespect to all the twitchers please ,in medical terms-twitching is one of the withdrawal symptoms of Drug Addiction.You have twitching of hands.muscles ,feet and even facial muscles leading to unbearable pain,e.g. seen in Herion addiction,cannabis,etc..In my case i was barred by court from going to my pataches because the BIRDS had got a stay order form court because they claimed that i invaded thier privacy and the last straw that broke the camel's back was when i took the pic of the white-throated kingfisher and the pink-necked pigeon in a compromising pose(see my gallery-oh no the Singh paparozzo has found us)' and the STOOL PIGEON WAS THE SQUIRREL :'D The judge said if i vialated this court order he will throw me in the country ZOO FOR TWO YEARS .I cant even touch a camera in Klang because the BIRDS AND BEES ARE WATCHING ME :-C So decided to go to to K.S. on 06.11.05(Sunday) and decided to take my clinic guard with me to carry my brewery with me--Tetley's Ale( :bounce: ).Got up at 6.00a.m.and dressed and made sure i was wearing my cloths(ah) then WOKE UP MY MOTHER LIKE A DUTY FULL SON (oh i love waking people like this -dont forget they have been doing that to me for the last 25yrs)Told her that i was going and she told me DONT COME BACK |})| .Ran down and hopped in my car and started the engine and left it on for TEN MINUTES Oh i forget to tell you'll that my car silencer had fallen of one day ago-I AM SURE MY MOTHER AND MY NEIGHBOURS ARE STUFFING BLANKETS IN THERE EARS -oh i love the loud sound at 6.21am. As i left i could hear my mother and neighbours cursing me and do you know IT WAS SOOO SOOTHING .So on my way with my walking brewery, my scope+camera.my tilley hat and my pauncho(old)-remembered my choc-bar which i had to throw because of the monkey -thus covered my self up to my knees with my pauncho_Oh before i forget-the T.D.1 is quite heavy(2.5kg) so i saw a old chinese cobbler i knew and both of us worked on a belt and harness to carry it.-Rigged two shoulder straps of leather attached to the belt infront and back (wellpadded)and smaller straps of leather to button the T.D.1 on to the belt in front pointing down and when i throw my pauncho over it it wont get wet and easy to walk with.WE reached K.S.at 7.45.a.m. got out at the car park and fixed my T.D.1 to my waist with the rig.Sharp on 8.00am walked in and there were 4 people maning the counter,they turned(one female) and saw me -the female sceamed and fainted while the three males ran towards me with thier fists raised and eyes on my waist(oh no i had blundered again in my hast to fix my scope+camera i had fixed it standing OUT and with my pauncho covering it -it gave a tenting effect out wards.Quickly flipped the pauncho to my left shoulder exposing the scope+camera(like Clint East wood in the good,the bad and ugly :cool: )They saw the scope and stopped and had sheepish grins on thier faces now remember attack is the best defance in this type of situation(MOE TZE TONG)I started shouting at them ---You young people have a dirty mind just because i am old you'll then think I AM A DIRY OLD MAN.THe side room door banged open and a small bold man with a charli chaplan upper lip hair ran in .Wo...oh doctor Manjeet how are you (he knew me i think)-what happened and i told him but didnt say that th scope was covered.He scolded them and they said sorry,then i took out RM4 to pay for both us but the senior said no it is on the house(hi guys that's the way to get free addmision :t: )Went out side the first thing i did was reajusted my scope downwards and then collopsed with laughter :'D So started walking 8.00am to 9.10am no birds seen or heard ,the weather gloomy and over cast.Walked and walked and saw a small path with a sign -to hide and oberservation tower.Me and my walking brewery turned in .The hide was dirty and full of leaves with those big red ants.So started to climb.We huffed and puffed our way up the 4store tower.Reached the top and collopsed and after a few mins took the Tetley's ale can and passed it my guard (his face light up like a candle).Took a big sweg(the depression started to lift-alochol i think) and put the can down .Got my camera and on the tripod and waited.Suddenly saw a group of little birds jumping in the tree-started snaping pics and suddenly they were gone.Put to replay my camera and saw 3 lovely pics of Oriently White eye(my first).took the ale can and drained it in one go.Knowing that there was nobody around i let go a HUGE BURP ( i am sure you'll also do that when you'll alone-yes).I swear i heard a answering Burp-looked around wildly but saw no one.The weather was still dull (from the tower)saw a grey heron.olive-winged bulbul, Malkoha(will i.d. later from birdforum),?little heron,erget.Then decided to come down and walk and walked and had a another ale(my walking brewery was happy like a pimp---load getting less and alochol increasing in the blood)tThen saw Common Koel,Starlings or two,Then got my 1st Thicked bill green pigeon and snapped away like glory(my reflex were becoming super fast(does ale do that)- The weather was less rainy(is there a word-never mind it sounds nice)but still over cast.looked at the time it was almost 1.05pm.Decided to go for lunch into the small town outside.Walked back by the way of a trail called Danae(i think) this was where i last time got my red turbened one. Reached the place-nothing- set on one offthe benchs and as usually mozies were every where but i was well protected.Took out one more can of ale ( to my side kick i said no-mean ant i--was afraid that i may have to carry him then).Just as i took a sip a-i heard a burp to my left-- Left the can on the bench and shaffted the scope and camera towards-a bloody monkey was there but small -he had burped and was grinning at me then a rustling from behind where i had left the ale can-i turned and saw this big chap scooting off with my ale-gave chase and the monkey almost laughingly flicked his tail inches from my nose and went up the tree.Then fixed my camera and took a few shots of my nemesis- the crapping one(you remember) :C .He tried to smile when i took the shots but his RED_RIMMED EYES told me he had a hangover.Then he took a sip of my ale and gave a HUGE BURP -i took my things and galloped to the office area with my sword bounching against my hip.Looked back nobody was following.Then i noticed about 20feet in front of the office a huge tree and a small turbaned head was running up the trunk.Looked at a nother small block-ladies loo,it was close to the tree and woody.Ran like mad and just near the ladies tiolet door saw that i had the perfect sight(15feet away)Adujusted my scope and on manual started to click-couple of 100times as the red turban ran up the tree(ah).Then i realised that some one was kicking me in my shin,looked around nobody then looked down and there was this indian lady,about 4 feet 6 inches with white hair(about 76yrs old) hammering away at my shin.She was shouting in tamil(her mother tongue)-i do speak tamil but my mind was on the turbaned one.She then started in english--OOh you big Doctor ahan-I CHANGED your DIAPERS WHEN YOU WERE ONE DAY OLd ,when you were 7yrs old you used to steal my jambus from the tree-remember and then do you remember Manjeet when I CAUGHT YOU KISSING THE CHINESE HEAD MASTER DAUGHTER THROUGH THE FENCE I quickly scooped her up and huged her,more to keep her quite for worried what other secrets she will expose for by now there wereabout 25 people around both of us(her extended family -15 and the rest the ladies from the loo-who were giving me dirty looks).Then i got it (allways shout when you are in trouble-they may belive you are inocent)oh Aunty MALER you where my other neighbour(a tamil school teacher)-how are you i quickly took her to one side and huged her again.She was crying and i was crying(i because i was not sure if i had got my shot :'D ) she was remembering my Dad and My brother(middle) I asked her to lunch but she and her family refused because they had to leave(thank God i dont know what else she will tell them about me-oh by the way the chinese headmaster left the next day for the northern states).She gave me her tel.no.and i gave her mine.I bolted for the car and went to have lunch with my side kick.Had planned to go back after lunch but it started raining cats and dogs(sorry to cats and dogs lovers-because i was thought this by my english teacher from Kent.U.k). We decided to call it a day and headed for home.I am sure youll are laughing now but i am going to attacht the monkey and the stool pigeon pics and if i see the the monkey gets more comments then my face in the members gallery-I WONT TALK TO YOU"LL .Moral of the story-LAUGH WILL BIRDING.Oh according to James Eaton( i hope i got the name right-if not foregive me) the monkey is a Silver Langur(from India-what else do you expect.) :t:

Attachments

• 98BF3.JPG
    98BF3.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 192
  • bf14.JPG
    bf14.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Is it safe for anyone to go birding with you.

I love your drunken friend and the squirrel looks very different from the ones we get over here.

Dr Singh,
You are lucky that I have no connections with the BBC, or we would send David Attenborough along with a film crew for when you are next twitching in the field!
Allen

Brilliant,Manjeet,yes it is good manners to "Burp" esp after Tetleys .You have good taste!!!.Love your pics,yes,your Squirrels are somewhat different to ours,very good detail.We look forward to episode 3.

:clap: :clap: I loved the pancho over the scope bit! [In best Mae West voice]--'Are you happy to see me, or just enthusiatic about birding?" 3:)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back