• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How does the Elite 7x26 hang? (1 Viewer)

MacGee

The Bushnell Elite 7x26 is now available in this country at a slightly less extortionate price, so I'm thinking again about getting a pair. My Olympus 8x25 reverse porros are pretty good, but they hang quite badly. My 60mm IPD exacerbates this effect, but it's partly just part of the reverse porro design, I think. The 7x26 looks quite flat in pictures but how does it hang in practice? Also, how does it do with glasses?

Michael

I don't know about the most recent version, but the two previous B&L incarnations both hung somewhat oculars out (objectives in toward chest) when set at my IPD (62 mm).

--AP

I've had 6 of them, all three body styles. They hang at roughly a 40* angle no matter what IPD. To hang straight, the eyelets would hafta be moved to the top of the body, about 10 and 2 to the ep's. Don't know if they could make that work. The goofy hang is just part of the reverse porro design.

I find the hanging angle is perfect for gabbing quickly, but uncomfortable while walking. I need to place the objectives tight against my lenses to get the full field of view. Works well for me, but by specs are pretty close fitting.

David

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back