• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lumix LX-5 not compatable with Swarovski eyepiece (1 Viewer)

digiscope09

Just purchased an LX-5 camera after reading some threads but met with disappointment. Using step zoom settings, the usable settings are 24 28 35 50 70 90. Whilst the lens travel(distance) between 35-70 is fairly small and ideal for digiscoping, the travel between 70 and 90 is considerable meaning each time the camera is turned on, the lens will hit the eyepiece if the camera adapter is set for 70, 50 etc. Not possible to move the camera lens further away from the eyepiece as vignetting occurs/light reduces. Might work okay on other types of eye pieces, but not on the Swarov 30x fixed. Huge disappointment and AUS$500 out of pocket and no try before you buy options where I live. Shame, as it is an otherwise very good camera.

finno

Strange, I find the LX5 works really well with my 30X eyepiece. I don't use an adapter, but have managed some surprisingly reasonable shots hand-holding the camera.

Strange, I find the LX5 works really well with my 30X eyepiece. I don't use an adapter, but have managed some surprisingly reasonable shots hand-holding the camera.

Hand held would be okay as you can move the camera to and away from the eyepiece which is difficult to do with an adapter. Thanks

finno

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back