• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

30x eyepiece for Fujinon Super 80 ED? (1 Viewer)

karmantra

I have a Fujinon Super 80 ED that came with the 20-60x zoom, but have been unsuccessful in finding a Fujinon 30x W eyepiece for the scope. Scope & eyepieces were discontinued back in 2007-2008. Any leads from anyone regarding picking up a 30x, or if anyone knows of a compatible eyepiece from another scopemaker, or adapter plate, or ?, that might work with the scope? It's a great scope, maybe not alpha, but the zoom's FOV is a bit narrow, and the 30x would open up the viewing. Thanks!

No leads on a 30xw EP for you, sorry. I just wanted to say I had a Fuji ED80 scope with the zoom and the 30xw. I had the 50x EP and the SLR adapter as well, but that's not pertinent I suppose.

The 30xw tranforms this scope. It will rival most anything out there and, in some ways, better them. The zoom was/is a major let down for this scope and the 30x delivers sharp, contrasty, wide field views that are just great.

One issue I didn't like with the fixed focal length EPs are that they bayonet on but don't have any locking system. The risk of dropping or losing an EP exists. When others use your scope it is not uncommon for them to initially try to turn the EP to focus. Watch out.

The "bettering" part I mention above relates to the scope's handling. It is light, has the best targeting sight I've used on any spotter, and has a superior designed stay-on case. The latter being the only one I could even stand using out of the four scopes I've owned.

The ED80 with the 30x EP is a real charmer and greatly under appreciated IMO.

Good luck in your search!

Cheers,
Kevin

Last edited:
No leads on a 30xw EP for you, sorry. I just wanted to say I had a Fuji ED80 scope with the zoom and the 30xw. I had the 50x EP and the SLR adapter as well, but that's not pertinent I suppose.

The 30xw tranforms this scope. It will rival most anything out there and, in some ways, better them. The zoom was/is a major let down for this scope and the 30x delivers sharp, contrasty, wide field views that are just great.

One issue I didn't like with the fixed focal length EPs are that they bayonet on but don't have any locking system. The risk of dropping or losing an EP exists. When others use your scope it is not uncommon for them to initially try to turn the EP to focus. Watch out.

The "bettering" part I mention above relates to the scope's handling. It is light, has the best targeting sight I've used on any spotter, and has a superior designed stay-on case. The latter being the only one I could even stand using out of the four scopes I've owned.

The ED80 with the 30x EP is a real charmer and greatly under appreciated IMO.

Good luck in your search!

Cheers,
Kevin

Kevin, thanks for your response--I agree with what you say about the scope--the zoom leaves alot to be desired (decent, but lacking at the higher mags), but it is probably the perfect setup for a 30x. Maybe someone out in Bird Forumland has one laying around not being used that they may be interested in selling or trading for! Any leads appreciated!

I have a Fujinon Super 80 ED that came with the 20-60x zoom, but have been unsuccessful in finding a Fujinon 30x W eyepiece for the scope. Scope & eyepieces were discontinued back in 2007-2008. Any leads from anyone regarding picking up a 30x, or if anyone knows of a compatible eyepiece from another scopemaker, or adapter plate, or ?, that might work with the scope? It's a great scope, maybe not alpha, but the zoom's FOV is a bit narrow, and the 30x would open up the viewing. Thanks!

monk optics here in the uk list a 30w [ £182.00 ] for the fujinon 60mm scope not sure if it is ok for the 80mm, kind regards.

Stuart: Thanks for the info on the 30x eyepiece for the Fujinon Super 80 ED, but I have picked up a 30x to complement my zoom on my Swaro ATS 80 HD and rarely use the Fujinon now except as a 'loaner'. Considered selling the Fuji, but if an inexpensively-priced Fuji 30x eyepiece showed up here in the U.S., I would probably pick it up.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back