• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Panasonic DMC-G3 (1 Viewer)

jogiba

PANASONIC INTRODUCES COMPANY'S SMALLEST AND LIGHTEST DIGITAL INTERCHANGEABLE LENS CAMERA WITH A VIEWFINDER,* COMPLETE WITH EASY-TO-USE FEATURES AND HD VIDEO

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1105/11051210panasonicdmcg3.asp

Anticipating more competition in the Compact System Camera space, Panasonic has revamped its G-series camera line, making a much smaller and lighter body that still integrates highly valued features, like an electronic viewfinder, a tilt-swivel LCD, and touchscreen control. Incorporating a new 16-megapixel sensor, Panasonic's Lumix G3 also has significantly improved image quality, now rivaling larger SLRs with larger sensors, an impressive achievement.

Incorporating a faster Venus Engine FHD processor, the Panasonic G3 has blazing fast autofocus, another impressive feature that makes using the G3 feel just like an SLR. Indeed, the Panasonic G3 feels more like an SLR than most any other compact system camera, only a very small one.

In addition to 15.8-megapixel stills of impressive quality, the Panasonic G3 can capture 1,920 x 1080 Full HD video at 30fps in AVCHD mode, and can also record Motion JPEG movies at 720p.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/DMCG3/DMCG3A.HTM

Looking forward to using the G3 for digiscoping

I have ordered the new G3 from Panasonic direct. Expect it sometime in June. Will use my Nikon 50 mm f1.8 on the Swaro 80mm scope. I think that this is the camera that I have been waiting for that will improve my digiscoping output. Will post some photos when I go out and will describe the process on my blog site. I am very upbeat about this.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back