• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eldest Son's Homework - Request for pics (1 Viewer)

mipettin

-
Hi

My son who is disabled has chosen to do a project at primary school (He is 10) on hummingbirds. What would be great is if we could get permission to use some of the photo's in the gallery for his project folder. He has to do a poster and we are going to work on it together in Photoshop - I am hoping to get a Wacom Graphire Tablet to assist with this as his motor controls mean he cannot use a mouse that well. What I would appreciate is any members who have photos in the gallery that would be happy to assist to let me know. I can then correspond directly with these kind folk for them to e-mail me pictures for the poster. Hope BF members can help.

Cheers

Martin
-

Hi Martin
I am a schoolteacher living in El Salvador. I have a website which covers the birds of northern Central America (http://www.mayanbirding.com) and there are lots of hummingbird photos in the photogallery (under Apodiforms). Your son is welcome to download any pictures that he wants.
Tom

Some nice photos Tony
I think the label for Volcano Hummingbird is incorrect though. They have a small bill that is more similar to the Scintillant Hummingbird in one of your previous pictures. I don't have my field guides with me, but the photo looks more like a mountaingem or a Magnificent Hummingbird to me.
Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back