• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

National Exhibition of Wildlife Art (1 Viewer)

Depends what line of business your in, Ken ;)

I think I'm going to make myself rich, and that way I can pursue my art to the ends of the earth, by writing an electronic pun/double entendre checker, somewhat like a spellchecker.;);) There's just nothing that escapes the quick wits of those who lurk here!!

Hi Jacquie,
Loads of good advice here already. My theory is to paint from life because you get original experiences that way, paint the way you see the subject (not copies of other people's styles), and get your work in front of as many people as possible. No one's going to buy it if they don't know it exists. Good luck!

Hurrah, my Purple Gallinule acrylic has been accepted for NEWA.
Here's the NEWA link, though they're still showing the 2009 images on their website (presumably until the exhibition starts next week). http://www.newa-uk.com/

Attachments

• Purple Gallinule.JPG
    Purple Gallinule.JPG
    388.3 KB · Views: 84
Thanks Colleen. I saw this one in Egypt and the light was fantastic. Loved the angular qualities of bird and reeds too. I'm getting more and more interested in how birds fits in to their habitats.

Images from the NEWA 2010 exhibition are now online. As usual it's about 50% big cats or African animals and 50% everything else, but there are some good images to be seen. Are big cats and Africa the subjects that people want to buy, or are they what people want to paint?
http://www.newa-uk.com/index.php

The swamphen is a beauty Jackie, I spent an afternoon with these beasts next to Barcelona Airport last year, and was absolutely thrilled with these 'Gargantuan Moorhens', the quality of light in your pic is the only thing that was missing from the day. Didn't enter NEWA this year - deadline came around too quickly for my bad memory, I think there are a lot of big cats in there as that's what sells, so that's what is accepted more and more, there is something in the application bumph explaining all this.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back