• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some of my Drawing (1 Viewer)

Dark Knight

Some of my Drawings

I am pretty sure my drawings are not worthy of a place in the company of all you great artists on this part of the forum , however i thought i would post some and would gratefully appreciate any advise , i like drawing in pencil and thats mainly because i can rub them out when i have gone terribly wrong , which is most of the time !!!

ps Just like to thank young gropperwinch for informing me of this great forum .

1. Red-breasted flycatcher

2. Buff-breasted sandpiper

3. Kentish plover

4. Penduline tit

5. Woodchat shrike

http://robs-birding.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
some delightful work here - rich tones in the graphite and some pleasing shapes (and despite what you thought on your quiz page - they're all recogniseable!) My advice would be to throw the rubber away! Erasing is counter-productive as you'll spend more time fussing than drawing, put down lines, add lines and if it goes wrong, start again (or very occasionally use a rubber!)

looking forward to seeing more from you.

see! absolutely superb drawings!

seeing the RB Flicker in its full glory it is a fantastic shape, really creative and I'd never have the ingenuity to draw one like that :t:

and I can know see I got one of these ones extremely right and one extremely wrong on the quiz! (second round!)

Hi , thanks for the kind comments and the advice , i seem to get certain parts of my drawings out of proportion , i.e: the body or head are sometimes to big , or the legs seem abit to small , i guess practice wil help .

thanks again Liam , although i think my drawing of the BB sandpiper is probably more wrong then your answer on the quizz page :t:

Here is one more pic , a juv sabines gull

http://robs-birding.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
wow, both absolutely awesome, though if I had to pick a fav it's the dotterel, a few little differences on the eye, beak and head structure give it a whole different character to any of the Dotterel drawings I've yet seen, but a terrificly endearing one notheless:t:

and as for pencils, watercolour pencils are good fun to use, as are crayon pastels, but any normal pencils will do and wield really good results:t:

. . . that's the best post yet - so we can all look forward to seeing a lot more of your work!

Hear Hear. Super stuff Rob, love the Penduline tit, as well as the Dotteral. Nice to see the birds drawn on their toes, so to speak, lots of energy in these. Triffic stuff...

Rob,

You had to do a Bee-Eater didn't you!? :t:

You've arrived in the right place! Lots of "tips n tricks" to be found here! Your drawings are voluminous. The birds have body. A solidity. I like that. Like you could pick them up and hold their shape in your hand.

I, also, would be pleased to see your stuff develop here. And will "dip in" to your thread with interest! (Rather than "Dip Out!":eek!:)

Keep them coming!

PS Caran D'Ache water colour pencils are the ultimate for me! Still saving up for another set. But I use them in all my work...;)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back