• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

twins (1 Viewer)

krazyhorse

thats what she had, cute too far to get close and i dont try why would i binoculars and 1400mm zoom lense should be plenty,if anyone thinks about this as an intrusion on the birds .. my lawn mower in my yard and the fact that the nest is 15ft horizontal away from my fire pit should tell you that taking pictures in silence is not disturbing it ..now this said , my dog pen with 3 dogs in it, and the hummer decided to build its nest also must not disturb it, i think to many folks think they know about birds but maybe they dont, now if a hawk or a falcon was nested nearby instead of dogs hmmm maybe the dogs and the human activity make it safe for a small bird to nest, away from predators...just a thought

Attachments

• twins23aug1.jpg
    twins23aug1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
just an update, they have both left the nest ,and are attending the feeders and carrying on wityh the other Ruby's in the yard, they are cute to see as their beak length is still quite short, on is deifently a male

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back