• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Zeiss Victory SF !!!!!! (2 Viewers)

It is no secret (and experience has proven to be so) that female are much more capable to keep their concentration on their job than us men!!
It is for this reason that Swaro/Zeiss/Leica employ much more women than men for this job.
In the old days we always could blame it on the cook;)

Jan

Common gentleman i am not telling if females are better or worse just the fact of hiring new female team.

Is very well know that women are better in those job where a great attention to detail is needed, but a great training is required and time is needed to form a good professional if doesn't matter male or female, and the feeling is they are going to fast.......

I hear on this post that some user receipt his SF with incorrect front lens covers..............i think everyone knows how to cover a hole isn't it, it doesn't matter if is on ZEISS factory or real life....8-P

Another issues are coming from 8/10 x54 HT models, lack of sharp view in several models, huge amount of astigmatism......how can be possible ? there are a lot of start test and samples here on BF on X54 HT post who shows the disaster, can't not be called in another way.

For sure Zeiss is not starting the production of any binocular is the wave front of a new instrument given by computer is not more than satisfactory.....so where is the failure ? Lets assume that engineers and design teams are among the best in the world, as it should be working at Zeiss.

Clear the assembly.......for me the only explanation of such kind of poor quality and problems mostly on X54 HT models and my previous SF is the optical alignment maybe an ASPHERICAL lens is involved, the smaller misalignment on one aspherical lens can cause a big disaster on an optical system.

More care and attention to the final stages of assembly and alignment should be done is one of the most important stages of a quality optical manufacture.

Here LEICA is the best..........just joking who knows...........

Take a look to this very interesting video , Leica factory females at work.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAUssGmBRkE

Last edited:
GT,

It is well known to us Ne(a)ndertalers that the Spanish are gentlemen but where to you base the info on that Zeiss has a complete new ladies team?

Juan

Globetrotter

Can you tell us the name of the dealer you bought your SFs from?

This dealer is lucky to have received so many SFs from Zeiss.

Lee

GT,

It is well known to us Ne(a)ndertalers that the Spanish are gentlemen but where to you base the info on that Zeiss has a complete new ladies team?

Juan

Was written here on BF

Take a look , i just copy and paste what is written.

Back when the HT was first being manufactured, we learned they had a
female group of employees that were assembling the highest Zeiss model that was being produced.

The word was, the workforce was small to insure quality, and that is why
there was a limited quantity available to the market. There is a post on
here about that, on a Zeiss HT thread.

So Zeiss has recognized the quality of the female workers in their workforce.

Chances are that only goes as far as the production line.

I agree, Kimmo's reports are quite surprising to say the least,
and disappointing.

I have found the Zeiss optics that I have, to be very good.

Globetrotter

Lee

Lucky why ?????

I can not tell you the name of this shop because they are very good friends of mine So i have to ask first..........and today i just arrive to KOSOVO.

I work in aviation, thats why......

The shop where i bought is a huge supplier of Astronomical equipment, camera and sport optics.......they have everything because they sell a lot including several Nature associations.

I check other SF units in different stores, Anyway you can find it in any Hunting store in Madrid ZEISS SF,HT or leicas, swaros.........nikon, leupold etc etc

I don't know why is a surprise, maybe because Spain is a second league country ? Sadly i don't know what to think........

Last edited:
That's what many hope every year, yet Real, Barca and even Atletico spoil it again and again...

Enjoy Pristina, the Pearl of the Balkans ;) (was just there, last week)

Yeah after my duty flight tomorrow i will enjoy a little bit, street photography with my Leica M............

Allways a man needs something to love !!!!!!!

Lucky why ?????

I don't know why is a surprise, maybe because Spain is a second league country ? Sadly i don't know what to think........

GT

Spain is absolutely not a second league country. It is an important member of the European Union with a proud history and a beautiful countryside.

The surprise is because SF is reaching the market in small numbers (although we can be sure Zeiss will increase the supply as soon as possible) so dealers have been receiving only limited quantities and normally these leave the shop almost immediately because they have been ordered by customers.

So it was a surprise to hear that there were so many SFs for you to try and to buy.

Lee

Since second week of january they arrive in two of the best optical or camera stores in Madrid and by the end of January i found it on hunting stores as well.

In Spain most of the hunters uses Zeiss....is a big market

Globetrotter

Lee

Lee,

You and Jan have been asking good questions.

So far there haven't been good answers.

This is just my opinion as an observer here.

Bob

You created your problem when you stated that you saw astigmatism in the center of the view of 5 SFs yet you still decided to buy one of them.

http://www.birdforum.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3159119

Do you know if the store returned the other 4 to Zeiss or kept them and sold them to other people?
Please can you read it again and tell me if i say that 5 units were with astigmatism or maybe i choose among 5 the sharpest one and then i did an start test to the unit that i bought.

was written like this.

SF 8X42 Star test.

Binocular was cooldown for 30min before the test and handheld resting my body agains a wall, not a big deal for a quick 8x test under the stars.

Well binocular fails clearly in both barrels to produce a compact point of light with Mag 3,4 stars.

Both barrels shows by a very small margin the same amount of astigmatism, not very hight but present.

Not a surprise astigmatism is something that ZEISS is famous for it.

A little bit of pinched optics on right barrel......

This was a quick look waiting for feedback from real experts.

Cheers.

Hi

Yes i am talking about astigmatism in the center field,i swap both eyes with both barrels of my sf getting same result.

Fortunately my eyes are ok.

And this was the best unit of 5 when i bought it.

Please can you read it again and tell me if i say that 5 units were with astigmatism or maybe i choose among 5 the sharpest one and then i did an start test to the unit that i bought.

was written like this.

SF 8X42 Star test.

Binocular was cooldown for 30min before the test and handheld resting my body agains a wall, not a big deal for a quick 8x test under the stars.

Well binocular fails clearly in both barrels to produce a compact point of light with Mag 3,4 stars.

Both barrels shows by a very small margin the same amount of astigmatism, not very hight but present.

Not a surprise astigmatism is something that ZEISS is famous for it.

A little bit of pinched optics on right barrel......

This was a quick look waiting for feedback from real experts.

Cheers.

Hi

Yes i am talking about astigmatism in the center field,i swap both eyes with both barrels of my sf getting same result.

Fortunately my eyes are ok.

And this was the best unit of 5 when i bought it.

Excuse me please. I linked to your post #2318 in this thread.

It has only the last 3 sentences you show above. People read these individual posts and make conclusions based on them.

Last edited:
I've used my 8x42 SF a lot over the last couple of weeks, both on birds and on the night sky, and for the life of me, I cannot notice any astigmatism, chromatic abberation, lack of sharpness/focus or other optical defects.

Just my two pennies though! ;)

Likewise, HighNorth. After my initial issues with needing the correct lens covers and replacement eye cups my 10x42 SFs are mechanically and optically absolutely fine.

I still find it perplexing how instruments with optical defects can escape quality checks. I can - sort of - understand clumsy errors such as putting the wrong lens covers in etc but surely any manufacturer goes through a series of lab standard checks. It'd be interesting to know what the final check actually consists of, unless it's a series of checks along the production line that are ticked off and then a final signing off. And maybe then human error enters the equation. Does anyone out there know?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back