• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Country Innovation jacket noisy? (1 Viewer)

soultime

I have previously owned a CI Innovation jacket (made from Keela Innovation 7 material) and on the spur of the moment decided to sell it for no other reason than I had too many jackets.
Having regretted it I recently brought a new one and my initial thoughts are that something is different. Cosmeticaly the moleskin collar is a different colour so it's obviously from a different / newer batch. The problem is that it is extremely noisy, more so than I remember the old one. It's like a crisp packet, even with slight movements. I've washed it a couple of times and to be fair the noise did reduce slightly from when new, but is still very significant. I also have a Keela Munro which is far quieter in comparison. The noise seems to come from the membrane which seems to be very "stiff" in comparison to most modern fabrics.
Has any one else had a similar problem as I'm thinking about contacting CI for their thoughts but would like to know if it's normal for this jacket.

Andy

An update on the jacket. I have given it a proper long wash and then retreated it afterwards and it's made a big difference. The jacket now feels a lot more supple and the crinkly noise has reduced because of this to what I consider an acceptable level, so happy days.

Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back