• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sparrow ID British Columbia CA 2017 May (1 Viewer)

Fernando

Hello again,
I send you two bad images of a sparrow. The images was taken last May at Kilpoda lake road, near Osoyoos.
Thanks in advance.
Fernando del Valle

Attachments

• _G5A6362.jpg
    _G5A6362.jpg
    714.8 KB · Views: 82
  • _G5A6380.jpg
    _G5A6380.jpg
    672.9 KB · Views: 62
I have no experience with western sparrows, but it looks like a Brewer's Sparrow to me and not a Clay-colored (which would have a bolder face pattern) or Vesper (which would have streaking on its breast).

My guts are also rumbling "Brewer's". The pic's not clear though, so I'd wonder about juv something else (like Chipping), and I wouldn't be sure the breast is unstreaked (as mentioned upthread) on a pic like this.

Sorry for the poor quality of the images.
I made several photos in the area of Brewer's sparrow , but this one did not recognize it.
Thank you very much for your help.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back