• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon monarch 8*42? (1 Viewer)

mensun said:
Any friends know this type?I just wanna take it,but know little about it!

Actually they are now made in China! The quality should be OK,though. (Actually quite nice IMHO) No worry about it. The retailing price in HK is about 220USD, depending on whether you can ask some local guy to purchase it for you. If you are Shanghaiese, pls go to www.bggd.com and you will find many great stuff.

Do a search on this site - there are lots of recent postings about this model. Search Nikon Monarch or Nikon ATB as the model name.

greetings mensun,it may interest you to learn that the model you are interested in was tested alongside other binoculars in the same approx price range[birdwatchingmay2003].the nikons compered quite favourably.the results are as follows
optical 8.5/10
design and build 9.5/10
ease of use 9.5/10
value for money 9/10
you could also look at models from opticron which are all excellent value for money in this price range.best of luck, matt

Hi Mensun,

I have a pair of the 10x42s. They have a lot going for them as they are light weight (very light for the price), compact, clear, and bright. They do have some chromatic abberation that can be detected with say a blackbird against a blue sky, but it is not a problem in use. I would thoroughtly recommend them if you get them discounted. (£130 on Ebay uk! to import from HK, vs £300 or so RRP)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back