• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My new 10x50 el's, wow. (1 Viewer)

wildoat

My new 10x50 EL's .....WOW!!!

I bought these just a couple of weeks ago, spent many hours on two different visits at Cley Spy, trying to determine which binocular I should buy. I narrowed it down to the Swaro's and the Leicas. I was already sure I wanted a 10x binocular despite being aware aware that 10x are more demanding to hold still than an 8 or 8.5magnification bin. I had made my mind up that I wanted a 50mm(man sized optic too),lol. Anyway to say I'm pleased is an understatement, using these in mediocre to poor light is surprising as the clarity is mighty impressive, using them in favourable viewing conditions the view afforded is totally addictive. I can hold them steady enough when walking around to get a great view, when in a hide resting elbows on a convenient shelf does improve things further, mounting them via the Swarovski tripod adaptor on a tripod or similar type mount affords incredible views. Being able to see things(birds/trees/buildings etc) on the far horizon so clearly and in such detail is mezmerizing. The colour and clarity offered is beyond what I've experienced before, I've owned Swaro 8x32 and 8.5x42's I'm very happy this time I followed my gut feeling and went with the 10x50's they have surpassed my expectations, I find it very difficult to conceive any binocular which would offer anything more. I'm very happy I declined the advice which said 10x is difficult to work with, I think this time I've actually made the right decision, something which doesn't happen too often! Very well done Swarovski and thanks to all at Cley Spy for their patience whilst I considered my purchase very,very carefully.
tony

Last edited:
Adding to the above, rather than editing again!
My new binocular is the EL10x50 WB Field Pro, I'll also add the focus adjuster is probably the smoothest mechanical adjuster of any type I've ever encountered, perfectly smooth and perfectly consistent, a joy to use.
cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back