• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

1d Mk11 + 100-400 + 1.4tc Does It Work? (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
Sorry-sent twice and I can't delete it......MODS-if you can delete please do.

I know I have asked this before but have gone back in the 'history' and can't fine the thread.
Will this combination work fully with taped pins ?
I know the
30D did
40D with partial success
1D gives center focus without taped pins.

I could just try it but would rather ask the question first in case there is a problem.

Last edited:
Sorry-sent twice and I can't delete it......MODS-if you can delete please do.

I know I have asked this before but have gone back in the 'history' and can't fine the thread.
Will this combination work fully with taped pins ?
I know the
30D did
40D with partial success
1D gives center focus without taped pins.

I could just try it but would rather ask the question first in case there is a problem.

There is no need to tape the pins on the 1 series as the centre point focusses up to f8 - it is only on a non 1 series camera that you need to resort to taping to fool the camera.

There is no need to tape the pins on the 1 series as the centre point focusses up to f8 - it is only on a non 1 series camera that you need to resort to taping to fool the camera.

Thanks Roy.
Maybe I should have made it clearer but I was asking- if I tape the pins "does it work fully" as in I realise the centre point will focus without taping but will all points focus if I do tape the pins ?

Thanks Roy.
Maybe I should have made it clearer but I was asking- if I tape the pins "does it work fully" as in I realise the centre point will focus without taping but will all points focus if I do tape the pins ?
Would probably be a bit hit and miss like you get when taping the the pins on a non 1 series camera - you would be trying to fool the camera into auto focussing when it was outside of the specs - if you have a 1 series camera then why not try it.

Would probably be a bit hit and miss like you get when taping the the pins on a non 1 series camera - you would be trying to fool the camera into auto focussing when it was outside of the specs - if you have a 1 series camera then why not try it.

Cos I'm a coward!
I will try it (and report back)-but would have much prefered it if someone had done it for me:-O

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back