• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pick the Pixelated Species (1 Viewer)

All taken around here (Peterborough, UK). As we aren't getting close here they are again at about 234 pixels each.

Attachments

• mystery21b.bmp
    83.3 KB · Views: 101
  • mystery22b.bmp
    152.1 KB · Views: 121
  • mystery23b.bmp
    83.3 KB · Views: 114
  • mystery24b.bmp
    85 KB · Views: 115
Hi Brian,
Agree,No.1 is probably a Bullfinch male
No.2 doesn't look much like a bird at all!Barn Owl based on colouration?
No.3 is just meaningless!
No.4 is a Curlew,Grey Heron or Glossy Ibis(probably)!
Harry

brianhstone said:
All taken around here (Peterborough, UK). As we aren't getting close here they are again at about 234 pixels each.
So... 1's not a Magnificent Frigatebird then!!!

Great game BTW!

1... yep, big red male Bullfinch
2... Curlew
3... Common Tern
4... Well... still think it's an avocet, but I'll now say... Grey Heron

Two have been named correctly, one very nearly and in number three the bird is facing left and is therefore rebelling against all good fieldguides. They are much easier if you shrink and squint!

We haven't had Black-winged Stilt (or Hammerkopf) around here for a while. ;)

brianhstone said:
Well if it helps, sorry Roger none correct there. :-C
Oh poo, ok how about.......

1. Stonechat
2. Short eared owl
3. Sandwich tern
4. Glossy Ibis

Actually, just noticed the pics were all taken in Peterborough so I'll amend to:

1. Bullfinch
2. Little Owl
3. Sandwich Tern
4. Grey Heron

Well Jason has got three of them right but number 3 is really causing some problems. A lot of clues in the colours though - a pinky-grey blob in among green with red dots.

Well try as I might, I can't see anything other than a tern in no.3, but I'm sure my first suggestion of Roseate must be wrong. Unless someone comes up trumps soon, I think you might have to give us a few more pixels on that one, Brian.

Jason

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back