• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird takes first steps on the moon! (1 Viewer)

Pam_m

The sunrise looked a promising one this morning, so camera at the ready I waited! The clouds at one point covered the setting moon (which was a full moon on Monday the 2nd) so I waited for them to clear as this would leave the moon between the colourful clouds! I had spotted a bird flying by so I snapped away! I was rather pleased with the resulting photo! I doubt I will ever capture a Crow on the moon ever again!

Attachments

• P1010859 [].JPG
    P1010859 [].JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 41
  • P1010859a [].JPG
    P1010859a [].JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 64
You have discovered a new breed of bird there, Pam, a Mooncrow. It fly's at dusk from the moon to earth, then back again to the moon at dawn.
Fly me to the moon & let me play amongst the stars.......
Love it.:t::-Oo:D

Thank you all for your kind comments! :t:

Needless to say I am pretty chuffed with the photo!

Val, I toyed with using 'Fly me to the moon' for the thread title!

That is definitely one of those photographs that will be difficult to repeat!! Super capture!!:t:

Hi Pam,

Now are you QUITE sure that it's not laying an egg in flight because it couldn't stand up and lay one that big?

Brilliant photo. Makes the old 'passing in front of....' rather mundane.

Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back