• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (1 Viewer)

Always a pleasure to see Arthur. I'm finally getting to recognize some of your British birds, at least I think I have some of the IDs right...........

Hmmm, very nice studies here. I particularly like the green woodpecker in a couple of different poses. No side-on drawings here (nowt wrong with them ofcourse) but birds are infinitely better - and infinitely harder - when portrayed from every angle. Blackcap is very well caught, too. These are much more engaging in the winter months, not like I'd be able to relate to their battle for survival!

Russ

Arthur, you've been quietly turning out top quality work here piece after piece.

But those waxwings have to be your finest yet. They are an absolute triumph, a harmonious vision of pastel delight that floats gently off the page to melt sweetly into the viewer's eyes and mind.

Bravo Sir!

Mike

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and may the New Year brings you all you wish for.
Off to enjoy Christmas with the grandchildren

Pied Wagtail

Attachments

• L1240368.jpg
    L1240368.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 58
Wonderful painting, Arthur! The poor fellow is definitely looking for some extra insulation from the polar weather you folks are having now. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

How I miss Pied Wagtails...
I'm impressed by the field sketches - I have to sit with a (very much still) source image for ages to get anything near that.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back