• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which Adaptor For Leica Apo 77 20x60? (1 Viewer)

bjhbrian

bjhbrian
Hi Everyone, just bought a Leica apo 77 with a x30WW ep, and separately a 20 x 60 zoom (later version with the locking pin), I'm new to all this and when I've learn't to use the scope properly, I want to disgiscope - not just birds but in general as an extension to my photogaphy interest. Can some of you please advise me on what might be the best adaptor(s) to use? I'd like it to work with both lenses; be stable; either very quick and easy to fit 'at need' or a 'swing away' type. I don't think the Leica Adaptors 2/3 fit the newer type zooms for the apo 77 (?20012)? Would any of the Swarovski/Kowa/Zeissones work? Or other third party ones? I'll be using a compact camera (model yet to be decided).

Also, are there any of the many astronomical eyepiece filters that will fit over the Leica eyepieces? I want a moon filter and others.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Brian

Many Thanks

The Leica Adaptor 2 will fit your 'scope as it has a cut-out for the lock.

Or you could try:

http://www.srb-griturn.com

www.eagleeyeuk.com

Both these companies manufacture various digiscope mounts.

Hi, Many thanks for replying! The srb-griturn site is interesting. I gather they will make custom units as well. Not too sure about eagle eye, as they are no longer taking credit cards, and have stopped taking any phone calls.

I'm wondering about the zeiss swing out adaptor. It seems it may be usable with a number of other scopes, not just zeiss. The Leica Adaptor 2, is hard to get now, and doesn't work with the new 82 scope.

I've been looking the sony NEX cameras - seem good for digiscoping.

Cheers, Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back