• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8x32 SE on Amazon.com (1 Viewer)

agregco

Hi All

I have just noticed that the Nikon 8x32 SE's are $449 on Amazon US.

Are they a good buy or would I be better waiting to try and get a second hand pair of leica 8x32's ?

Advice would be appreciated

Greg

Hi All

I have just noticed that the Nikon 8x32 SE's are $449 on Amazon US.

Are they a good buy or would I be better waiting to try and get a second hand pair of leica 8x32's ?

Advice would be appreciated

Greg

Yes they are a good buy. There has been a lot of discussion here so a search should give you plenty of opinions. IMO they are the best binocular you can buy, but some people do not like them, and they are not waterproof, or sealed, and have rubber eye cups. You will have to pay shipping, VAT and import duty. The Leica is more compact.

Thanks for the reply Leif, yes I have read the posts with regard to these binoculars and as you have pointed out people either think they are great or they don't like them ! at half the UK price I don't think I can go wrong. Amazon uk are selling them at £455, talk about rip off UK.
I have a daughter who lives in America so I will ask her to buy them for me.

Regards

Greg

They are about all the best that the best roof prism binoculars are at a third the price. I have a pair and found they were close enough for my use that spending three times the price made no sense to me. Optically, I'm not sure you can do better.

For that amount of $$, the Se's are a great buy. I bought a pair a few months ago and had a horrible time with them, particularly the black-outs. Thinking that the grass would be greener on the other side of the fence I decided to send them back. I regretted this almost instantly.
Long story short... I re-ordered them and thanks to this forum I learned to work with them. It comes down to using them consistantly and before you know it black-outs will be a thing of the past because how you deal with them becomes second nature.

Optically they are supurb. Since I am a novice in the world of binoculars I really could not add anything to attest to their amazing qualities. It has all been said by the pros. All I can say is that I agree with them (and I am saving for a pair of 10x42)

Some of the good things in life do not come easy, perhaps the SE's fall in that category. They are however most definately worth a little perseverence on your part. The SE's ARE one of those good things in life.

I am awaiting delivery of an 8x32 SE from Amazon....the price was just too good and I know if I hadn't taken advantage of this bargain I would forever regret the decision. I do have 12X50 SEs and they are stunning, so am sure the 8x32s will not disappoint.

Don

"you can't be too thin, too rich, or have too many binoculars"

My 8X32 Ses arrived yesterday and they are what I hoped they would be. No disappointment here.....no blackout problems. Probably the nicest view I have ever experienced. This is my first 8X bino....10X has always appealed to me because Montana offers big vistas with clear air.

At $450 delivered, I have a hard time believing a better bargain exists in the optics world.

Don

I have a pair of E2 10X35's.....should I even consider buying these? Will the image be that much better other than the magnification reduction?

Damn I want them so bad and the price is great!

Ray

If they don't live up to your expectations I imagine you can e-Bay them and get all of your money back. I would bet dimes to doughnuts you would not sell them.

Don

I have a pair of E2 10X35's.....should I even consider buying these? Will the image be that much better other than the magnification reduction?

Damn I want them so bad and the price is great!

Ray

I own one. It's a great binocular. I used it extensively for 2 years, primarily for hawk watching. Get it, you won't regret it. It's not as good as the Nikon 10x 42 SE I later got, but very few binoculars are in their class.
Bob

I own one. It's a great binocular. I used it extensively for 2 years, primarily for hawk watching. Get it, you won't regret it. It's not as good as the Nikon 10x 42 SE I later got, but very few binoculars are in their class.
Bob

Thanks Ceasar,

I really was wanting the 10X42's but for the price I think I will get the 8's.

Ray

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back