• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A quick question regarding manual focus (1 Viewer)

KC Foggin

Very, very long time member
Supporter
United States
Due to the detritus vines & pine straw hanging all over the place, auto focusing is proving to be a drain on me and the battery so I've switched over to manual focusing with my tamron 200-500mm & nikon d50.

Now, I've simply switched the outside camera body switch to manual but was wondering if I should also be changing the camera setting in the menu to turn off auto-focus or does is matter at all?

There's a switch on the camera, and another one on some lenses. As long as both of these are in the manual position, you should be okay. I don't change any camera menu settings on the D300 and D80.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back