• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swift SeaHawk 753 7x50 Made in USA? (1 Viewer)

'Made in USA' can also mean assembled in the USA from imported (all or mostly) components. I believe that this is the case with this model.

I have a Fujinon-labeled Navy 7x50 (has government national stock number) that is nearly identical to the model shown in your link and that has the same 'Made in USA' marking on the axle cap (except that the marking in without white ink fill). It has been discussed in other forums that this binocular is assembled in the USA, from parts imported from Asia. The binocular is very solidly built, and its optics on par with most other 7x50s.

I have B&L labeled 7x50 also labeled USN(avy) that I believe to be Fujinon optics, which aslo has the M22 Rubber armor pattern. My guess on those is that the USN had purchase requirements of US made goods which was tiptoed around by having B&L assemble them here....or some such.

However those are not 393ft @ 1000yds, they are the standard 7.1 degrees I believe. And Ive never heard Swift SeaHawks being used as standard issue by any branch of the military....not even the Coast Guard....and these listed in Ebay were consumer market packaged.

Weird.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back