• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sights for angled scopes (1 Viewer)

mrpjdavis

I've tried the cable tie sight but found it a bit unreliable, so I use the two sights shown in the photos. The basic aluminium sight is attached using small circular neodymium magnets taped in place. (Keep well away from your credit cards - they will wipe them!)
The red dot sight uses a cut down Cullman QR shoe and plate. The shoe is attached with screws going into a piece of wood (wedge-shaped) taped to the body of the scope under the case. This sight is needed when I use the scope for astronomy.
Both sights are a bit awkward and vulnerable when moving about with the scope, which is why I have made them easily demountable.

Attachments

• 1magnet on front.jpg
    1magnet on front.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 2Sight & bat.jpg
    2Sight & bat.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 3sight set up.jpg
    3sight set up.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 114
  • QR base2.jpg
    QR base2.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Red dot loose.jpg
    Red dot loose.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 117
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back